Keinton Mandeville is a village in the Southeast of Somerset. It lies midway between the market towns of Somerton to the West, and Castle Cary to the East.
The origins date back to the Roman times, and Keinton grew both because of the local "Blue Lias" stone and being situated on the coach route from London to the South West.
The Church of St. Mary Magdalene dates from the 13th century and the rapid growth of the population in the mid 19th century led to the building of the Methodist Church in 1843.
Today the village has a population of around 1,000 people. Keinton Mandeville Primary School, located near the centre of the village, achieves some of the highest academic standards in the area.
The village hall, built-in 1998, is in almost constant use with bookings for adult education classes, pilates, short mat bowling, sea scouts, brownies, a daily Doctor's surgery .... to mention just a few.
Sports are well catered for in Keinton with the playing field with play area and tennis court, a skateboard park, "Happy Tracks" children's play area, and more recently the addition of a MUGA.
Please also see our Village website - click HERE